Employment at BSDL
Employment Opportunities at BSDL
Benzie Shores District Library currently employs 4.5 FTE's. While the library experiences low turn-over, employment opportunities are occasionally available. Applications are only accepted when a position is available. Benzie Shores District Library is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION: Circulation Assistant (2021)
HOURS: Part-time, 10-12 hrs per week, includes evenings and some Saturdays
SUMMARY OF WORK:
- Staffs circulation desk
- Proficient in basic aspects of Circulation System
- Assists with Reader’s Advisory and light Reference
- Assists with technology as needed
- Processes MeLCat deliveries and requests
- Assists with library projects as needed
- Assists with keeping the library tidy, sanitary and orderly
- Evening and weekends required.
- Open Availability
- Ability to work with the public with a strong customer service orientation
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to shelve and shift books
- Ability to be self-motivated and work unsupervised
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Visual acuity and physical skills necessary to retrieve materials from shelves, maintain library materials and operate library equipment and software
- Ability to to push/pull loaded book cards and lift/carry materials up to 40 lbs.
- Hearing ability to answer the telephone and patron inquiries
- Knowledge of basic library practices and procedures
- Knowledge of and adherence to standards of accuracy, timeliness, tact and confidentiality.
- Competent in MS Office programs and Google Suite
- Competent in basic technology troubleshooting
- Competent in using the library's digital services (Overdrive, Hoopla, Flipster, and Newspaper Archive)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and supervisor.
- High School Diploma
- Level III or IV Librarian’s Certification Preferred
The library director will give an annual summary of work to the Library Board.
All library employees are at will employees.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION to apply for this position. In addition to the online application, you may send resume and inquiries to email@example.com
Download the full job description.