The Library Meeting and Program rooms are available to reserve. To reserve a room, you must complete an APPLICATION TO USE A LIBRARY ROOM. Please read the full MEETING ROOM USE POLICY prior to completing the application.
12. Library Room Use and Reservation Policy
I. Introduction and Purpose of Policy
The mission of the Benzie Shores District Library (“Library”) is to provide quality Library services that support the cultural, educational, and informational needs and interests of the community. In keeping with this mission, the Library provides facilities for Library programs as well as Library business meetings. When certain Library space is not scheduled for Library-sponsored or co-sponsored events, it may be used by the public within the parameters set by this Library Meeting Room Policy (“Policy”). The restrictions of this Policy relating to Applications and Scheduling do not apply to Library-sponsored or co-sponsored events.
II. Application and Scheduling of Library Rooms
A. General Use. Any person, group or organization may use the Meeting Rooms, pursuant to the requirements of this Policy (“Users”). Meetings Rooms are available only during regular Library hours and Meeting Rooms may not be used for purely social events.
B. Specific Meeting Rooms. The following are a list of specific meeting rooms or meeting areas (“Meeting Rooms”). The regulations contained in this Policy apply to all Meeting Rooms, unless otherwise specified:
1. Study Rooms: The capacity of a Study Room is three (3) people. These are first-come, first use
and may not be reserved.
2 Meeting Room: The capacity of the Meeting Room is ten (10) people.
3. Program Room: The capacity of the Program Room is forty (40) people.
1. Applications shall be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, with (a) Library business, (b) Library-sponsored or Library-co-sponsored events or (c) uses governed by contract with the Library having first priority. The next priority shall be given to applications that support the cultural, educational, and informational needs and interests of the community.
2. The Library may require Users to reschedule meetings in the event the Library Board needs to schedule a special Library Board meeting or other Library-sponsored events.
3. Non-Library sponsored events will not be scheduled more than two months in advance. The Library will not accept reservations until the Library programming calendar has been set. The Library will accept same day reservations upon approval of Library staff.
4. The Library is responsible for scheduling use of the Meeting Rooms.
5. Each Non-Library sponsored, or co-sponsored event shall be scheduled for a maximum of two (2) hours. Users exceeding their allotted time will forfeit their reservation privileges.
6. No User may make more than two (2) reservations per month.
D. Application Process.
1. Any person 18 years or older may fill out an application for the Meeting Rooms. Applications are completed online or in person at the Library.
2. The Library will contact the patron with confirmation that their Reservation is accepted. Patrons should not assume their Reservation is complete upon submission of the application.
3. Patrons must provide the Library twenty-four (24) hours notice if they need to cancel.
III. General Guidelines Affecting all Library Meeting Rooms
V. Library Disclaimer
A. No Endorsement. Public use of the Library’s Meeting, Conference, and Study rooms does not imply Library approval or endorsement of the group, the meeting, or the ideas presented at the meeting. Publicity for a meeting held at the Library must not be worded in a manner that would imply Library sponsorship or endorsement of a group, the meeting, or the ideas presented at the meeting.
An organization using a Library room may not use the name and address of the Library as its headquarters or as the official address of the organization. The organization may not use the Library's address or telephone number for registration or for information regarding the meeting or the organization.
B. Right to Cancel. If necessary, the Library reserves the right to cancel the use of the Room or move the meeting to a different Room, including but not limited to inclement weather or other unexpected building closures. The Library shall use its best efforts to notify the Users if the Library intends to cancel the use of the Meeting Room. In the event of inclement weather or other area emergencies, please contact the Library before the meeting to confirm that the building is still open.
C. Hold Harmless. The Benzie Shores District Library is released and held harmless from any and all claims for personal injury or property damage.
To reserve a room, you must complete an APPLICATION TO USE A LIBRARY ROOM. Completion of the application does not guarantee a reservation.